The 2015 International Byron Conference will be held in Gdansk, Poland on July 1-6. This year’s theme is “Reality, Fiction, and Madness,” and paper proposals are being accepted now until January 1, 2015.
Professor Mirka Modrzewska has sent this information:
Our team are currently working on the provisional price list and we are considering the conference fee of 150 euro which will cover:
- opening banquet (July 1st, 2015)
- 5 lunches
- 8 coffee breakes
- 2 concerts
Other costs, optional, would be:
- A trip to Malbork, Teutonic Castle plus dinner 40 euro (July 3rd, after lunch)
- Old City of Gdansk sightseeing tour plus Solidarity Museum 12 euro (July 5th, after lunch)
- Gala Dinner in Sopot Grand Hotel 35 euro (July 6th)
- A choice of 3 optional trips on July 7th after the conference: Kashubian Lake District, Elblag Canal ship voyage along a system of unique locks powered by water placed at different levels – an engeneering wonder unique in the world ( see https://www.google.pl/?gfe_rd=cr&ei=bJeIU_6uF4Sa_wbC94CgCg#q=kana%C5%82+elbl%C4%85ski ), or Stuthoff Concentration Camp Museum if people wish to see it – costs still need to be calculated).
If you wish to participate in the optional trip on July 7th, please book your hotel till the next day (July 8th).
Prof. UG, dr hab. Mirosława Modrzewska
Instytut Anglistyki i Amerykanistyki
ul. Wita Stwosza 55
80-952 Gdańsk Oliwa